Saturday, February 16, 2008

Go Get Her, Tigers

Yanno, the statistics say that you are twice as likely to have a doctor that is an imposter (not actually licensed as they present) than you are to have a uterine rupture as a VBAC.

This was posted on a national midwifery list that I am on. Dr. Amy is the rich housewife lobbyist referenced in my previous post. If you don't know who she is, count yourself glad. If you do, don't feed the troll, send in the cavalry.

Hey Y'all,

Go after Dr. Amy. I just got off the phone with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine. Her license expired in 2003, and I filed a complaint concerning her activity dispensing medical advice on her website via email for a fee, holding herself out to be a doctor without currently being licensed and being listed as a consulting physician on the website iemily.com which gives advice to teens and parents.

I specifically asked if more complaints would be better, and, while she seemed intent on making sure that I knew my single complaint would be investigated, she also agreed that more complaints would signal a greater degree of concern.

So forward this all across this great nation to midwife advocates everywhere. Too bad her license wasn't revoked, but we can't have everything. Who knows, maybe the great state of Massachusetts will frown on Ask Dr. Amy and revoke it or put a strike against her that can then be used as an additional weapon.

Please don't use my name when you forward this to the national groups.
I've already called her out about her license using my full name, and she knows where I live... I may have caught the tiger by the tail.

No comments: