Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Misc

First of all, Happy Mother's Day to all those Mamas out there!

At first, the day started off not so great. No one remembered it was Mother's Day. I usually wake to clanging dishes and whispers in the kitchen as they prepare breakfast for me. Nothing this AM.

But later today, they set the table with our china and crystal, put on some classical music (Rachmaninoff) and Atticus whipped us up a wonderful dinner of grilled chicken with raspberry chipotle sauce, mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. PreacherMan opened a bottle of wine we'd been saving. There were candles on the table. Blondie danced for us, and Spielberg handled childcare.

It was sweet and romantic.

Last Friday night, I took the family to our best Chinese restaurant because.....

Preacherman got a call Friday AM and his professor had made a calculation error and instead of failing his final by 6 points, HE PASSED!!!!! Graduation is a week from today, and so is Cotton Ball's baptism.

In two weeks, we are going to the Renaissance Faire. PreacherMan has coordinated care for the oldest six for two nights and is planning the hotel and everything. He plans on buying me a new wedding ring there.

I now have a monitrice client for the end of July and one midwifery client for the end of August. This is a nice slow pace to start getting into everything again. I plan on taking no more than one client per month until Cotton Ball is at least a year old. I also put school on the back burner. I called the college and told them there is no way I can complete my program in time and that I need to be able to work on my own pace. So for now, I am no longer a degree candidate, simply a continuing education student.

No comments: