Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Straw That Broke the Camel's Back

Actually, make that the "cough that broke the midwife's rib". I know it's getting old for me to write about this stupid whooping cough. But I am way more sick of it than any reader could possibly be.

Day before yesterday, I did something in my chest. I initially thought "pulled muscle" but it now has an extremely sharp point over one of my ribs on the right side. I can not take a breath, talk, cough, sleep or move without extreme pain. It's so hard to get the phlegm up now because it hurts SO DAMN BAD to cough!

I think I got about 2 hours of sleep last night and my ear hurts because I can only sleep on my left side.

I have had it. Now my family has a cold on top of this. Some are coughing again, runny nose, sore throat, body aches. That is ALL I need! I have been sick for five freaking weeks and I don't know how I'm going to get through it.

I can't drive (safely anyway), it's hard to talk on the phone, I have managed to teach my classes, but I hack up a lung during them anyway. I can't have sex with my husband. I can't sleep at night. I want to enjoy my pregnancy and think about the baby and I haven't been able to do that either.

I am really at the end of my rope with this.

No comments: