Thursday, September 07, 2006

Okay, So I'm Weak

My six year old asked me today if she could feel the baby. She loves to feel the fundus and say "That's the baby in there!" She then asked to hear the baby. Well, of course, I wanted to oblige her

I gathered the kiddos around and got out the doppler. Yes, I did. And I heard my little baby's heart pitter patting in there. And I enjoyed every second of it. Until my 11 year old daughter said, "Mommy, just because YOU can't hear the doppler noise, doesn't mean the baby can't!" heh. My girl. I've indoctrinated taught her well.

It was fast. Like a girl. Of course. Can we make any other kind any more? Two boys, then four girls. And there's no way that I ovulated within even 48 hours of sex, so the little boy spermies were probably lying dead in a ditch at the side of the vagina by the time the egg made her appearance. Oh well, that's okay, it's still a sweet little baby!! and there really is one in there.

Now that I've heard it, I can leave the poor little baby alone until it's time for the fetoscope in another 5-7 weeks.

I made a doctor's appt. He will be my backup, but he won't know it. I do need bloodwork and access to any testing I might need, and this is the best way to do it. I have an appointment next Tuesday. I must admit, I'm a bit nervous. And I know he's gonna want to use a doppler.

No comments: