Monday, September 18, 2006

Can Someone Turn off the TV?

I remembered all along how vivid those pregnancy dreams are. That was never something I forgot. What I did forget was how the entire night was filled stem to stern with dreams, one after another in a stream of sub-conscious brain dump. It's like someone left the TV on in my brain. It would be nice to sleep in peace for at least a few hours per night!

One of these dreams included my sister-in-law (who has never had a child) having a c-section. During the section, the doctor accidentally cut her uterine artery (it can happen!) She needed to be transfused both during and after the surgery. My brother and I were crying. They managed to save her. Then I tearily told my brother that this was the reason I was so passionate to help women avoid c-sections. Because it's not the harmless little surgery they make you believe.

I have no clue why I dreamed this. My brother and sister-in-law have struggled with infertility for 5 years. Hmm.

Even during naps, the TV stays on. Weird dream after weird dream. Most vaguely uncomfortable or even downright nightmarish. I often wake in the same position I laid down in for naps, 2.5 hours later. It's like being knocked out with a hammer. But still, the TV plays on.

Anyone know of a remote control to turn it off for a while?

No comments: