1. I labor on Saturday or Sunday night.
Nope. Started Saturday AM and Sunday AM
2. Labor begins at suppertime
3. The baby drops three days before the birth
Nope. She didn't really drop I don't think until labor began.
4. If I wake up still pregnant on Monday morning, it'll be another week
Nope. She was born that night, just 15 minutes before Tuesday.
5. My 40 week babies are "overcooked"
Nope again. She looked maybe a week "early" if anything...
6. I never go past my due date (first baby was 3 days past -- not again since)
Well, she was born 2 days past the "conception date" although I did start laboring on that day.
Lessons I learned (remember, I didn't WANT to learn any lessons? I just wanted to have my baby?)
1. Expect the unexpected in birth. There are no rules. Not even for the 7th baby.
2. Sometimes birth hurts like hell. It is still doable, but sometimes just barely, and only then by someone who is absolutely and totally 100% committed to a vaginal birth.
3. Sometimes even if you want people there, your baby or body doesn't
4. Birth works. Babies come out.
5. Hypnobabies works (even though I did not have a pain free birth, I believe the hypnobabies helped with my reaction to the contractions, and TOTALLY allowed me to have a pain free second stage)
6. No matter how horrid the labor, the sweet baby is worth every minute