Thursday, December 07, 2006

Getting to Know You -- Holiday Edition

Thanks to my friend Tiffany for this one. (she emailed it to me)

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I love both, but the hot chocolate has to be peppermint (schnapps is good for the non-preggos!)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the
tree? Santa has helpers named One Hot Mama and PreacherMan who are up blearily wrapping presents that the children know came from us until 3 AM. What they think Santa actually DOES I'm not sure, cuz they know that we buy the stuff.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? The big, fat, colored blinking lights. At least 200 strands of them. Plus a 30 foot Santa. Plus a nativity with Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy in place of the wise men. Plus a blinking "runway" on the roof. Plus 42 3 foot candy canes stuck in the yard. Plus some blinking fake deer. Plus snowflakes in the trees. Are you kidding me???? tiny white lights. That's it. We do have a house up the street with everything I said earlier though.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? See previous getting to know you. I prefer hugs.

5. When do you put your decorations up? When the kids start begging, pleading and crying cuz it isn't done yet.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding
dessert)? Holiday Meat Balls

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: The "junk boxes" my grandma always put together for us.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I was 8. My mom just told me. I was already catching on though and I would have gotten skinned alive if I had told my brother.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We used to get together with my dad's side of the family and draw names. Now, we do let the kids open ONE present on Christmas eve.


10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We got married on December 22, so one of the things we got for wedding presents was Christmas ornaments. Beautiful white and crystal ones. Mostly broken now. Now, it's the kids stuff and whatever is left over. It looks kinda sad, actually. We need a new angel for the top and some new ornaments this year.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? "Mommy, I want to play in the snow." "Okay, sweetie". Put on the long johns, put on the jeans. Put on the T-shirt. Put on the sweater. Put on the socks. Put on the boots. Tie them at the top. Pull on the snowpants over the boots so they keep the snow out of the tops. Zip them up. Put on the mittens. Put on the scarf. Wrap it around the neck. Pull on the jacket. Zip it up. Put the hood up. Watch your little person waddle towards the door. Watch them stop. Wince as you know what's coming.... "Mommy, I need to potty."

What do you think??

12. Can you ice skate? Not to save my life.

13. What is your favorite gift? It's hard to remember one specifically. Since my birthday, anniversary and Christmas are all within three weeks of each other, people tend to "bunch" my gifts together.

B. What is the best Christmas gift you have
given? I'll have to think about that some more.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays
for you? Celebrating Christ's birth. I LOVE being pregnant at Christmas. It really reminds me and brings into focus that He was not only divine, He was a real, live, little baby and Mary could feel him moving inside her, nursed him at her breasts, and nurtured and loved him while he made himself helpless for us.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Anything chocolate

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? The decorations, the music, fire in the fireplace, everyone in their PJs opening stockings....

17. What tops your tree? An angel with lights in her skirt. (Must be hot!!)

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? giving! I love seeing the faces of my kids and family when they get something they REALLY wanted.


19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Greensleeves when I'm in a serious mood, "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" when I'm feeling happy.

20. Candy Canes? ....chocolate mint flavored, of course!

No comments: