Monday, September 04, 2006

Miscellany

I'm still coughing. It's two steps forward, one step back. Some mornings I cough until I dry-heave for several minutes. It's fun!

On the plus side, I think I'm starting to feel somethings in my uterus. It's hard to be absolutely sure, of course, because it happens so sporadically. But I have on occasion felt a tiny little tap or a fluttery bubble across the bottom of my stomach.

The incredible wandering uterus seems to have settled now that there is some weight inside it, although it still has an impressive height for this gestation (I'm 12 weeks and 2 days now).

We have a mom coming up due soon that is having her third baby -- her second baby with us. Should be a nice birth!

And I knew this would happen. I got an email from a mom who is due in April and lives 10 minutes from me. Seems so dumb to have my preceptor take her(who is 2.5 hours away) when I am so close. But what about attending a birth with a 3-4 weeks old? Bleh. I don't know. I do plan on attending births with my baby for any clients who say that is okay. I plan to bring my 12 year old daughter with me to help care for the baby.

No comments: